QUAKE KITS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM OVERVIEW
We believe that everyone deserves peace of mind. With over 15 years in the preparedness industry, we launched Quake Kits to empower consumers to find comfort and safety without hassle. Our kits are designed not only to provide full survival coverage, but to do so in a manner that is simple and cost effective. Our mission is to provide anyone, anywhere with the ability to take superior care of themselves and their loved ones in the event of an emergency. We are not simply a brand; we are security when you need it most.
We are excited to announce the launch of our annual Quake Kits Scholarship Contest. The winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship. Quake Kits is committed to supporting students in their educational pursuits and helping to develop the next generation of believers.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
Any current, full-time student of an accredited two-year or four-year American university or college is welcome to apply. There is no age or specific major requirement.
HOW TO APPLY
Students who fit the eligibility requirements listed above can apply for the scholarship. To enter, applicants must submit an essay (Maximum of 500 words) or video (Less than 2 minutes) on the following topics:
- What is the benefit of being prepared?
- How has effective preparation helped you in your life?
- Have you had any experiences where your deliberate preparation created positive results?
- Do you have any examples of successful emergency preparedness?
All candidates must send a link to their video or email their essay to our scholarship committee at email@example.com. In addition, all participants are required to post their submissions on AT LEAST one of their personal social media accounts.
For video entries, load the video to your social media account of choice. To share word documents on your account, applicants can either load the entire document onto a post OR share a link to the document via Google Doc or another similar platform. (If you share the link, make sure you allow “Read Only” and don’t provide editing privileges.)
What is the benefit of being prepared? How has effective preparation helped you in your life? Have you had any experiences where your deliberate preparation created positive results? Do you have any examples of successful emergency preparedness?
SOCIAL MEDIA INSTRUCTIONS
- Facebook, Google+: At the end of your post, add the following: www.quakekits.com | #TheImportanceOfBeingPrepared
- Instagram: after you post your video, put in the caption: www.quakekits.com | #TheImportanceOfBeingPrepared
- YouTube: In your video title include: #TheImportanceOfBeingPrepared and in the description add this link: https://quakekits.com
We encourage you to share your post(s) as traction is created through likes, shares and comments. This may be used as one of the determining factors in judging.
SUBMISSION TO QUAKE KITS SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
- Once posted to your social media account, please email us your essay/video at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include:
- Link to post/video
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Your school, major, and graduation date
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
The essay submission deadline is September 15, 2022.
SELECTION PROCESS AND NOTIFICATION
The Quake Kits Scholarship Committee will review all essays received and one winner will be chosen for educational costs for the spring semester. Once the winner has been determined, he or she will be contacted directly by Quake Kits on September 30, 2022.
The scholarship funds awarded are to be used for tuition and books only. Once awarded, a check will be written to the recipient’s school of choice and credited for academic costs. The scholarship is non-renewable. Recipients are only eligible to receive the scholarship once during their lifetime.